One Couple's Day-to-Day Search for Better Opportunities...and an Honest Paycheck

Wednesday, October 15th:

I had a meeting with my manager, where I was told that I would no longer be returning to Intel.

Thursday, October 16th:
My first day with no work. A check was delivered to our front door, representing the money I was owed which was not paid for by the next day's check. I signed up for unemployment benefits online, and began trying to figure out what I would be doing next.

Friday, October 17th:
The last paycheck was deposited.  Luckily, there was still money going to my landlord for rent.  My wife is VERY supportive, and I don't know what I'd be doing without her.

Sunday, October 19th:
Because my work experience is rather varied, I came up with the idea of trying to organize and tag all of my experience blurbs for easier arrangement on different applications and resume versions.  I still haven't quite worked out the mechanics of it yet.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Posted by Unknown Wednesday, October 28, 2009

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe here

Why Are We Here?

On October 15th, our paycheck-to-paycheck family suddenly found itself without a paycheck. Because we are both nerds and bloggers, we decided to write about our experiences. Maybe you'll find something new here, or maybe just simple commiseration. At any rate, we didn't feel like suffering in private. We hope you'll stick around.

Connect with Friends!